All aspects covered:
- Closed circuit television including automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) and digital recording
- Transmission technology i.e. fibre, ADSL, wireless IP, (point to point and point to multipoint)
- Access control including Smart Card and biometric technologies such as fingerprint and iris recognition
- Concierge, intercom and public address systems
- Internal and external intruder detection
- Customer information systems and help points
- Car parking control and payment systems
- Control room design including integration of independent systems
- Integration with IT infrastructures
- Integration with Building Management Systems, i.e. fire alarm, lighting, heating
- Electronic gates and automated barriers (pedestrian and vehicle)
Secure by design
What is it?
Secured By Design is an initiative by UK Police to support one of the Government’s main planning objectives – the creation of secure places where people wish to live and work. Secured By Design accreditation is widely recognised and desired in the world of property development.
How is it achieved?
To be awarded Secured By Design a development has to have applied the principle of ‘designing out crime’ by the implementation of preventative security measures and security standards.
Careful consideration must be given to the locality of the site and its crime trends, what the development is to be used for and the design of any building, car parks and surrounding landscaping features.
How can we help?
One of the security consultancy services offered by Advanced Security Partners Ltd is to act as a central coordinator throughout a project to simplify the application of Secured By Design principles. We work with the Client, Design Team and the local Architectural Liaison Officers to ensure that all Secured By Design principles have been addressed during the design and applied during the construction phase of a project. Through this process we can assist in the qualification of Secured By Design status for the scheme and the subsequent award of the accreditation.
Secured By Design is achieved by meeting a number of key minimum requirements coupled with site specific enhancements agreed with a local Police Force Architectural Liaison Officer.
What do we manage and how?
- implementation monitoring of the detailed designed Security, Telephony or IT system to ensure that it is installed in accordance with the specification.
- Monitoring of the commisioning and handoverof the Security,Telephony or IT systems
- Reviewing and advising with regards to the Security,Telephony or IT contractors operation and maintenace manuals including as built drawings and documentation.
- Provision of information to the client as nessasary to enable them to carry out their respective duties.